Wednesday, October 20, 2010

i bet you say that to all the boys

God, how sweet;
Your hand on mine:
and when I was looking for the right words to say,
you took them.

You took them with your own two lips,
like an old Meatloaf song--
on a hot summer night,
I offered my throat to the wolf with the white Chrysler LeBaron.

Now, all I can do is smile
and giggle
and make us both want to vomit,
because all of a sudden
you're my unicorn, you're all I think about!

What do you think you're doing?
you had to barge in on my
picture perfect
apathetic
self serving
pessimistic
artistic
EXISTENCE.

You see, unicorn,
I had carefully constructed
this caustic nest of comfort for myself.
"Bitter is better," as I always liked to say

And now-- how dare you shatter my
cold
hard
exterior,
my oh so tough oh so angry oh so impenetrable
force field?

How do you expect me to be an icy bitch
when I'm melting into your arms?
How do you expect me to be cool
when your smile warms me up?

Unicorn, this is your fault.
Now everyone will know that I'm--
that's right, folks--
that I'm human.

See what you've done to me, unicorn?
You've exposed me for what I really am!

...you're sticking around, right?

0 comments: